We’re on day three of the cleanse, woo! One of my favorite things to enjoy during the cleanse (and any other time, really) is a fresh, tasty green smoothie. In fact, the only one I ever make is Greens in a Glass. It is healthy and surprisingly filling, chock full of vitamins and nutrients that really give me a boost. It’s so, so easy to make, and I cut up the vegetables and store them in my fridge so I can make smoothies all week long at just a moment’s notice. I added a little extra banana to the original recipe and I swapped the Greek yogurt for almond milk so my treat can be dairy-free, but you can really make all of the changes that you’d like – this smoothie is so customizable!
Greens in a Glass
Adapted recipe via Joy Bauer
- 1 cup spinach (1 big handful)
- 1/2 cup cucumber chunks, skins on
- 1 stalk celery cut into chunks
- 1 medium banana, fresh or frozen, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 whole ice cubes (optional)
- Add the spinach, cucumber, celery, and 1/2 cup of water to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth and liquid.
- Add the banana, pineapple, almond milk, and ice cubes (if using) to the blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.